Quick facts about the Marion Independent School District.
(Numbers reflected are current as of the 2013-2014 academic year.)
- 7 school builidings (Bright Beginnings Pre-School, Starry, Emerson, FMI, VMS, MHS, MHSAP)
- 3,020 students in the MISD
- 355 employees; 160 teachers, of which 56% have advanced degrees or National Board Certification
- Over the past 8 years, 76% of MHS students who took the ACT averaged 20 or better, an indicator for college success
- Student to computer ration is 4:1
- 198 students participate in instrumental and vocal music at MHS. The music department has accumulated 13 Division I ratings at Large Group Competitions over the past six years
- 13 buses traveled 125,761 miles transporting students during the school year
- Largest home school program in Iowa – serving more than 841 students
- 96% average attendance for school year
- 88% of students participated in extra curricular activities at the high school level – more than 50 different activities are offered
- 228,737 meals served
- Class of 2014 earned 1,420 credits that could be used towards post secondary diploma/degrees in various disciplines
- MHS has been awarded the Bronze Medal (in 4 out of 5 years) by U.S. News and World Report – based on student performance in relation to student averages in the state. Also based on schools producing the best college-level achievements for the highest percentages of the students.