Are you passionate about supporting education in Marion?
The Marion Independent School Foundation & Alumni Association is a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising funds and support to meet the needs of students, staff and families in the Marion Independent School District. This position provides an opportunity to use your administrative skills to keep our office running smoothly.
We are looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant. Schedule is flexible within Monday-Friday business hours; approximately 15 hours per week. Competitive starting wage based on experience. The ideal candidate has knowledge of the Marion Independent School District and Marion community. Prior bookkeeping experience and advanced Microsoft Office skills a must. A high energy, organized individual who manages their time well is right for this role.
- Responsible for bookkeeping functions; deposits, processing invoices, and entering data into QuickBooks; running financial reports.
- Maintain the alumni/donor database and produce reports as requested.
- Provide communication support by answering phones and assisting with email correspondence.
- Organize and maintain files.
- Keep inventory of supplies for administrative use and events.
- Provide fundraising assistance by preparing print materials, securing donations for events and mailing thank you letters.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for Board of Trustees monthly meetings and Committee meetings.
- Engage local volunteers to meet office and event needs.
- Promote the mission of the Marion Independent School Foundation & Alumni Association.
- Detail-oriented: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communications. Listen and seek clarifications. Professional and approachable; exhibits superior customer service skills.
- Integrity: Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound judgment with prioritization and time management skills. Treat others with respect and consideration.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel needed to enter and update data, mail merge, craft letters, and create labels, spreadsheets, and forms. Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software preferred. Familiarity with databases or data entry (or computer savvy).
- Initiative: Able to multitask in a high-speed work environment. Handle challenging demands and unexpected events with an upbeat/positive attitude. Willing to change the approach to best fit the situation.
Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.