The Athletic and Performing Arts Hall of Fames are a Marion High School initiative. All questions should be directed to MHS Activities Director Mike Manderscheid at (319) 377-9891.
Athletic & Performing Arts hall of fame nomination criteria
Athlete or performer Nomination
- Must be out of Marion High School for at last seven years for an athlete or at least five years for a performer.
- Must have participated in athletics or performing arts at Marion High School.
- While athletic or performing arts achievement is of prime importance; moral character, serving as a positive role model, and good citizenship during high school and after high school will also be taken into consideration.
Coach or director/sponsor nomination
- Must be out of coaching or directing at Marion High School for at least five years.
- Must have made a significant contribution to Marion athletics or performing arts, and have demonstrated good character and citizenship.
Community/booster member Nomination
- No time limitation.
- Must have made a significant contribution to Marion athletics or performing arts, and have demonstrated good character and citizenship. Other factors to consider include longevity, peer recognition and balance of service over time.