Please apply through our job posting at Indeed.com by Monday, January 13, 2020.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: 777 S. 15th Street, Marion, IA 52302
The Marion Independent School Foundation & Alumni Association is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant. Schedule is flexible within Monday-Friday business hours; approximately 15 hours per week but will fluctuate depending on time of year. Starting wage based on experience.
- Responsible for bookkeeping functions; deposits, processing invoices, and entering data into QuickBooks; running financial reports.
- Provide communication support by answering phones and handling correspondence.
- Maintain the alumni/donor database and produce reports as requested.
- Organize inter-office files and forms, and maintain inventory of supplies for administrative uses and events.
- Provide fundraising assistance by preparing signage and other materials, securing donations for events, and participating in the application for local grants.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for Board of Trustees monthly meetings and Committee meetings.
- Engage local volunteers to meet office and fundraising event volunteer needs.
- Promote the mission and vision of the Marion Independent School Foundation & Alumni Association.
- Detail-oriented: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communications. Listen and seek clarifications. Professional and approachable; exhibits superior customer service skills.
- Integrity: Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound judgment with prioritization and time management skills. Treat others with respect and consideration.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher needed to enter and update data, mail merge, craft letters, labels, spreadsheets, and forms. Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software. Familiarity with databases or data entry (or computer savvy).
- Initiative: Able to multitask in a high-speed work environment. Handle challenging demands and unexpected events with an upbeat/positive attitude. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
The ideal candidate has knowledge of the Marion Independent School District or Marion community. Previous non-profit or public school experience a plus but not required. A high energy, people-person who manages their time well is right for this role.