MISD staff have an opportunity to apply for grants from the Marion Independent School Foundation & Alumni Association. A Grant Committee consisting of current and former district staff, parents, alumni and other community leaders reviews each funding request.
2019-20 Grant timeline
September 2, 2019: Application Opens
October 1, 2019: Application Closes
October 7-11, 2019: MISD Administrative Review
October 28, 2019: Applicants Present to Grant Committee
November 4-7, 2019: Grant Recipients Announced
November 26, 2019: Deadline for Ordering
January 31, 2020: Grant Recap Reports Due
January 6, 2020: Application Opens
January 31, 2020: Application Closes
February 10-14, 2020: MISD Administrative Review
March 30, 2020: Applicants Present to Grant Committee
April 6-9, 2020: Grant Recipients Announced
May 1, 2020: Deadline for Ordering
September 30, 2020: Grant Recap Reports Due
- Projects must align with the mission, vision, and values of the District and Foundation.
- Applicants must be teachers or administrators. Applications will not be considered for students or groups outside MISD without a staff sponsor.
- Eligible requests include those that enhance curriculum, bring innovation to the classroom, provide summer or after-school enrichment, guest speakers and more. If you are uncertain whether or not your request is eligible please contact the Foundation.
- Requests for capital projects (i.e. permanent physical structures) and the funding of salaries will not be considered. These requests must go through MISD administration and/or Board of Education.
- Collaborations between buildings and among staff are encouraged and preferred. Applicants apply for grants on behalf of their classroom, grade, department or school. Grants are awarded based on the belief that items will be shared within the District as deemed appropriate by MISD leadership. Items purchased with grant funds are under the direction and ownership of MISD.
The spring grant application is now closed. Check back in August for 2020-21 grant opportunities.