MISD staff have an opportunity to apply for grants from the Marion Independent School Foundation & Alumni Association. A Grant Committee consisting of current and former district staff, parents, alumni and other community leaders reviews each funding request.
2020-21 Grant timeline
September 14, 2020: Application Opens
October 5, 2020: Application Closes
October 12-16, 2020: MISD Administrative Review
November 5, 2020: Applicants Present to Grant Committee
November 11-13, 2020: Grant Recipients Announced
December 1, 2020: Deadline for Ordering
March 11, 2021: Grant Recap Reports Due
January 5, 2021: Application Opens
February 15, 2021: Application Closes
February 22-26, 2021: MISD Administrative Review
April 5, 2021: Applicants Present to Grant Committee
April 14-16, 2021: Grant Recipients Announced
May 28, 2021: Deadline for Ordering
October 15, 2021: Grant Recap Reports Due
- Projects must align with the mission, vision, and values of the District and Foundation.
- Applicants must be Marion Independent School District staff. MISD students or groups outside MISD must have a staff sponsor on the application in order to apply.
- Eligible requests include those that enhance curriculum, bring innovation to the classroom, provide summer or after-school enrichment, guest speakers and more. If you are uncertain whether or not your request is eligible please contact the Foundation.
- Requests for capital projects (i.e. permanent physical structures) and the funding of salaries will not be considered. These requests must go through MISD administration and/or the Board of Education.
- Collaborations between buildings and among staff are encouraged and preferred. Applicants apply for grants on behalf of their classroom, grade, department or school. Grants are awarded based on the belief that items will be shared within the District as deemed appropriate by MISD leadership. Items purchased with grant funds are under the direction and ownership of MISD.
The spring grant application is available below with applications due February 15, 2021. If you have questions, please contact Erin Steffen, Foundation Director at Extension 1110 or by email.