- Be a senior student, in good standing to graduate from Marion High School or Marion Home School Assistance Program.
- Demonstrate a committment to pursue post-secondary education.
- Show involvement in extracurricular activities and/or community service.
The application must be submitted by midnight on January 31, 2020.
All scholarship recipients will be notified during a presentation at Senior Awards Night on Wednesday, May 6th.
Click here to view a list of the available scholarships and the requirements. Only one application is needed to be considered for each of the scholarships listed. If awarded, payments will be made directly to the college or university the student is attending and will be split equally between freshman-year terms.
Other than your name, do not include personal information (address, phone number, email) on any attachments. Be sure to address specific scholarship requirements in your resume and personal letter. The file format of your attachments must be PDF.
Resume (1-2 pages) must include:
- College plans and anticipated field of study
- ACT score & GPA (include applicable advanced coursework)
- Co-curricular activities, honors and awards at Marion High School
- Non-school activities, clubs or memberships (include recognitions/offices held)
- Community service experience
personal letter (1-2 pages) must include:
- The factors influencing your decision to enter your specified field of study
- Your major interests in life (in and out of school)
- Your short and long term goals
- Why you think you should receive the scholarships you are applying for
- Other information you believe is important for the committee to know
Two letters of recommendation:
- One from a Marion Independent School District teacher, coach or staff member
- One from a community member (not a MISD teacher, coach or staff member)