Today was an exciting day for the Marion School Foundation as we surprised the recipients of the Spring 2023 Marion Foundation Grants with their awards!
We are pleased to provide grant support for the following projects:
- Clavinova Piano for Longfellow (Made possible by support with a donation in memory of David Shindoll)
- Joy of Reading (Year 3), providing K-4th grade students with a monthly new book for their home library
- Social/Emotional Library materials for Starry Elementary
- Computer Science: Flying with Finch Flocks curriculum for Vernon Middle School
- Materials to start an Esports program at Marion High School
- Materials for the Take Charge program led by Marion High School students, supporting a substance-free life
- Classroom Computers for the AMPED program at Marion High School
- Tools for the new Geometry in Construction class at Marion High School
- Door prizes for the 2023 MISD Summer Institute
The Marion Foundation’s grant program provides teachers an opportunity to receive funding for projects that benefit students in the Marion Independent School District. Grants are made possible because of generous contributions the Foundation receives throughout the year from both businesses and individuals as well as a number of educational funds that are invested with the Foundation for long-term benefit.
Additional contributions to these educational funds are encouraged in any amount and may be made at any time. If you are interested in establishing your own fund, please visit Establish A Fund.